Sandwiches are a really tough thing to wrap your head around once you go vegan. We’re used to sandwiches built around meats and cheeses, so it’s often a challenge to think of alternatives. This is a quick, filling, tasty sandwich that doesn’t require fake meats to make it satisfying. I made it with stuff I just happened to have on hand.
- 1 bread bowl sized sourdough loaf (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 or 2 roasted red peppers (the kind that come marinated, in a jar)
- Tofutti Better Than Cream cheese (or any other imitation cream cheese)
- A handful of spinach leaves
- Simply cut the loaf in half, spread cream cheese on one side, cut red peppers into strips, and pile peppers and spinach on the sandwich.
My sandwich was a little bread-heavy, so I would suggest maybe cutting a slice or two of bread out of the middle of the loaf to make it more manageable.