The all-vegan market, Viva La Vegan Grocery opened a new location not long ago in Santa Monica. Eric and I found ourselves in the area and stopped by to see what interesting new vegan products we could try. First, I want to point out that this is not really a health foods store. While there are cooking basics such as different kinds of flour, grains, and different sauces, there aren’t a lot of those things and you could get most of them elsewhere. Mostly, they had the largest variety of vegan processed foods that I have ever seen. I was there to buy foods that I don’t usually see at our local grocery stores, so I was okay with that.
The store is tiny and packed with vegan goods. I definitely recommend you stop in and try something new.
This was our haul. It was the most expensive bag of groceries I ever bought. It was over $60 for the items listed below. Everything was $5-8 each.
- Artisan Tofurkey Andouille Sausages
- Tofurkey Chorizo-style meatless crumbles
- Starlite Cuisine Santa Fe Style Crispy Rolled Tacos
- So Good Miso Mayo Spicy Red Pepper Spread
- Victoria Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Uncle Eddie’s Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Tofurkey Vegan Italian Sausage and Fire Roasted Veggie Pizza
- Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks (I used these for Thanksgiving stuffing)
- Nacheez dairy-free nacho sauce
- Rising Moon Organics Artichoke and Olive Ravioli
I will post about these as I try them, so stay tuned!