Thank you, A Year of Going Vegan, for nominating me for another Liebster Award! It’s super flattering. Since, with every nomination come new questions, I decided to do another post on it.
- Answer the 10 questions that the tagger set for you (see below)
- Choose your 10 favorite new bloggers with less than 200 followers (see below)
- Create 10 questions for your favorite new bloggers to answer (see below)
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs
My answers to the questions posed by A Year of Going Vegan…
- What inspired you to begin your blog?
I decided to transition to a vegan lifestyle and thought that if I was going to go to the effort of contacting restaurant headquarters for ingredients in their dishes, I should make it searchable for other vegans. It also works as a personal log for me. I write about recipes I have tried and what I would do differently next time. It’s also nice to have my favorite recipes accessible by smart phone when I’m at the grocery store.
- Do you have a pet? Or many pets?
I have two cats: Vito (a tuxedo cat) and Noche (a black smoke tabby). We adopted them from a shelter in our area a few years ago and they are such a joy. They have such distinct personalities, it’s crazy. Noche is crazy for water (he’s a former stray) and once got in the shower with me out of curiosity. Vito has huge eyes and is named after Vito Andolini/Corleone of the Godfather. It’s really nice that they have each other for when we aren’t home.
- Tropical island or cabin in the mountains?
My family has a cabin in Big Bear. We went there often as kids. I love it in the summer and the winter. However, I haven’t ever been to a tropical island, so I very likely could be swayed on that one.
- Can you drive in the snow?
I’ve driven in the snow in Big Bear, but that’s hardly heavy snow. I can handle it, but it tenses me up. I wouldn’t like to live in a snowy place.
- Do you follow a diet plan or a lifestyle of eating, or do you just eat whatever?
I follow a vegan lifestyle 99% of the time and never eat meat. I make myself try new things all the time and am slowly discovering that I love things I had previously thought I hated (bell peppers, cauliflower, eggplant). I allow myself vegan junk food (hello, Oreos!), but I try to limit it.0
- Do you incorporate exercise in your weekly activities?
Yes, I love running. Mainly, I love it because I hate it. I’m sure this doesn’t make any sense, but, I’ll try. I generally hate to run, but the mere fact that I can overcome that a few times a week and just will myself to run 5 miles makes me feel incredible. I like being a person who runs, but I don’t like running.
- Do you enjoy alone time?
Yeah, I enjoy having the freedom in my time to do whatever I want. Generally, though, I would prefer some lazy couch and laptop time with my hubby. You never laugh as hard when you’re alone.
- Wine, beer, or mixed drinks?
I really like white wine, particularly Pinot Grigio. I’ll drink red wine, but I’m not a big fan. I hate beer and prefer Cider. I can take or leave mixed drinks.
- Do you have a bucket list?
I have a travel bucket list. I want to visit the following places, in no particular order: Germany (castles!), Ireland (cliffs!), Amsterdam, Utah National Parks, Montana, Hawaii, Switzerland… and the list goes on.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. The LA area is just so pricy and the job market is so freaking competitive. Since he graduated, my husband hasn’t been able to find a job in his field (communications). I also don’t think we’ll ever be able to afford a home here unless we move to the outskirts (no offense, but I am not interested in moving to Palmdale). The average home here costs $450,000, way above the national average of just over $200,000. We are looking strongly at the Pacific Northwest, particularly Portland, Oregon, where housing costs approximately 30% less than it does here. Once we get an opportunity, we’re going to check it out. My parents are even interested in relocating for their retirement and it would be really nice to have them nearby.
The Nominees Are:
Farmed Animal Welfare League: My younger sister’s farmed animal advocacy organization
Getting Fit, Sassy, & Beautiful: My sister in law’s blog on living a balanced, healthy lifestyle
Vegan in VT
Georgia Kate’s Kitchen
The Cooks Next Door
Just a Thought
My questions for the nominees:
1. In this golden age of television, what’s your favorite show currently airing?
2. Have you ever won anything (other than an Liebster nomination of course!)?
3. What is your go-to cookbook?
4. What is your first ever memory?
5. If you won the lottery, what would be your first expense?
6. Where is your happy place?
7. Where would you next like to travel?
8. Did you complete any college? If so, what was your major or emphasis?
9. What do you feel is the most important issue facing society that is largely being ignored?
10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?